Ridgway Adventure · Young people
6 Day Adventure Summer Camp (11-15yrs)
Sea kayak on the sheltered loch, rock climb and abseil from an ancient rocky outcrop, climb a mountain from a wild base camp, swim in the sea, build rafts from salvaged materials and race them in the sea loch, learn to forage for and cook wild foods, lay pots for crabs and lobsters, beach day on empty golden sands and survive overnight together on an un-inhabited island.
- Getting in to a wild environment and exploring it in lots of different way
- Young people who want more adventure than your average summer activity camp
- Young people coming alone, or with a brother, sister, cousin or friend
14 Day Expedition Summer Camp (14-17yrs)
Based around a series of grand expeditions in the mountains and on the sea, surviving overnight on an island, beach day on golden sands, a traditional local Highland Games and culminating with an expedition to Cape Wrath.
Great for young people:
- From all over the UK and Europe
- To have fun, exciting and challenging adventures together and journey into wild places
- To discover that they can do and achieve far more than they thought
- From Europe to spend two weeks speaking English and developing language skills without the need for a classroom or a tutor
There have been 14-day Summer Camps here at Ardmore since the early days of the John Ridgway Adventure School. Although the format has changed a little in the last 40 years, the summer camps continue to be a source of great adventure, getting the most out of all the young people that join us.
Each year we have a handful of the sons and daughters of course participants from the early years, whose parents still remember their formative experiences here nearly 40 years ago.
“The boys had a fantastic time – they haven't stopped talking about it and love telling everyone what they have been up to. They are already talking about going on one of your adult holidays when they are old enough”
Mrs Bickerstaff, Scotland